Friday, January 22, 2016

The evolution of mobile technology

When I was growing up in the '90's the only people who had cell phones were stock brokers and prominent businessmen. I remember how excited I was when I got a pager in middle school, although, for the life of me, I can't remember actually using it. As I got into high school, cell phones became affordable for the average person. At that time, however, the idea of unlimited talk and text was just a pipe dream. At one point my parents took away my phone for racking up a $300 phone bill. A few years after I graduated high school the smart phone wave struck. Data was added to phone bills, and the price of calls and texts decreased. So the question we have to ask ourselves is, what will be the next breakthrough in mobile communication technology? I don't think any of us have the answers yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment